- This event has passed.
5th Annual Black Food & Wine Experience 2022
June 13 - June 19
The Black Food & Wine Experience returns to Oakland June 11-19, 2022. Founded by Chef Mimi, its mission is to provide a space where hospitality and Black excellence are cultivated, celebrated, and explored by all. The 2022 Experience will celebrate Juneteenth, a federal holiday that commemorates the end of chattel slavery in the U.S., as well as the reemergence of Black Wall Street with a focus on post-pandemic recovery for Black hospitality professionals.
- The Grand Tasting (OakStop, 2323 Broadway, campus-The Hive Oakland) June 18, 2022 (6-10 p.m.)
- Post Grand Tasting VIP party (Location TBD) June 18, 2022 (10 p.m.-12 a.m.)
- Food & Beverage Industry Summit (OakStop, 2323 Broadway, campus-The Hive Oakland) June 16, 2022 (5-7 p.m.)
- Black & Asian Solidarity Dinner (Sobre Mesa Restaurant & Cocktail Bar) June 11, 2022
- Black Food & Wine Experience®(VIP) Wine & Cocktail Dinner (Karibu Wine Tasting Room) June 15, 2022 (6-8:30 p.m.)
- Black Food & Wine Dinners (Oakland Restaurants): June 13-June 19, 2022