- This event has passed.
AAACC presents SOBA: Black Art Symposium
February 10 @ 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM PST
The Season of Black Art Symposium is a celebration of the AAACC as a home for Black Culture, a creative hub in the Fillmore, and a holder of our past, present and future. The Symposium includes:
• A Networking Hour for Black Artists & Creatives
• Conversation on Trauma-Informed Funding for Black Artists with Ashley Smiley
• Conversation on Authorship & Ownership of Creative Works with Crystal Mason,
• A Creative Vision of the past, present and future of the AAACC with Special Guests Joan Tarika Lewis and Veronica Blair, AAACC YBCA Creative Corps Members.
• Say It Loud Fashion Show produced by Mario B Productions
Attendees can contribute to the Black Dreams Archive, and Marcel Sanchez will be taking portraits of Black Artists & Creatives.
About Season of Black Art (SOBA)
SOBA illuminates and educate the Black community about itself and engages communities of all ethnicities to have a fuller view of the Black experience besides the rigidity of news and limited media narratives, The African American Art and Culture Complex (AAACC) presents a captivating celebration of Black creativity and culture at the Season of Black Art showcase in San Francisco from October 2023 through February 2024.
SOBA series of extraordinary events will feature hundreds of talented Black artists and collectives, presenting a diverse array of artistic expressions. Audiences will experience thoughtprovoking speaker series, interactive presentations, and inspiring performances. It is for Everyone.
BAR | Bay Area Registry is not responsible for the accuracy of information/content posted. Be sure to confirm all information by referring to the original source (event organizer) or performer websites.